Monday, March 30, 2009

So much going on!

There just seems to be so many things happening all at once and I barely keep up! All good things though...
This weekend was definitely not an ordinary weekend...it started out with some great training with a hard swim with the team. The main set which was 4 times the following
400Fr @6:00 D1-4 4:57, 4:51, 4:45, 4:38
300BK @6:00
100FR Fast @3:00 1:03, 1:02, 1:03, 1:01
It was a great set and with a good warm up and cool down it was a solid 4500m logged. Later it was a 55minute run and some core.
Now finally I guess I can talk about Saturday night...I've been having to not saying anything about it because it was supposed to be a total surprise but Lea and I had known for a while that there was a bunch of people planning a Stag and Dow for us. Well it turned out amazing!! I can honestly say that it was probably the best party I've been to. Everyone there was great, everyone was laughing and having fun and the games were a blast! It was also nice to see some of Lea's family that came from out of town.
Sunday was a planned day off already which was probably a good thing. We spent the day though with Lea's parents and got a bunch of things organized for the wedding which is coming up in a month and a half.
Sunday was also the draw for the canoe raffle that the Walden Old Timers Hockey League was holding on my behave and the proceeds went to support me. I stopped by a few times throughout the weekend and was there Sunday for the draw to say a few words. The winner of the canoe just happened to be from Wawa and he had just finished his last game and had left only about an hour earlier. I'm not quite sure how they are going to get the canoe to him in Wawa. Also Lea's mom won a DVD player. Kind of funny because they already have a dvd player for their tv's and so do we so I'm not sure what she is going to do with it.
Today I had another awesome swim and after 1200m warm up it was 4x650 with 2minutes rest all at 1500m pace. I also had a weight and core workout this afternoon and I'm about to get on the bike for 1.5 hour ride of 4x15min. 90% intervals. Notice how I keep writing and putting the bike off...I'm going to do it though!
I also found out at work today that I'm going to be putting on a triathlon clinic every Monday night for a group of adults. It's going to run every Monday for 8 weeks and will include all kinds of different things gearing up for their first triathlon.
Also this weekend on Saturday Lea and I were in the Dollar Store picking up something for Lea's mom and all of a sudden we hear my name on the radio and it was like STOP...LISTEN! So I heard the commercial on EZ Rock about the Ford Fusion and they talked a little bit about me...it was so cool! It was my first time hearing it and since then I've heard it like 4-5 more times and everyone seems to be hearing it!
A big thank you to everyone who came out Saturday night and made it so much fun and to all that helped make it happen. I'll get some pictures up soon!

No comments: