Saturday, January 2, 2010

My first day on the Olympic Torch Relay










Wow, what an experience! Today was my first day on the Olympic Torch Relay. It started this morning when I was picked up by my team in our fancy Yukon Hybrid. From there we headed straight downtown to the celebration. As you can see from one of the pictures I have my own little tent where people can come and meet me and I sign autographs for them. It's been such a great experience so far as the celebrations themselves are something else with all the music, performances and stories.
After we were done in Sudbury our team packed up and before we left Sudbury they wanted to see the Big Nickel so I took them over and they all got their pictures taken beside it. After that it was on the road to the Sault.
Tonight's celebration was indoors at the arena which was nice because I didn't have to worry about my hands freezing while trying to sign every ones autograph. Tonight the final person to carry the torch into the arena was a girl I know from the Sault who used to swim and went to the 2000 and 2004 games.
This torch relay is such a great experience for me and really every Canadian because it gives everyone the chance to be part of the Olympics that are going to be happening in Vancouver in just over a month from now.
Tomorrow we are on the road at 4am but I believe it's tomorrow that one of our celebrations are on a lake!! Stay tuned for what is going to be lots more great adventures.

No comments: