Thursday, February 19, 2009

Feeling Much Better

Training has been going really good the last couple of days. I feel completely over whatever it was that I had on the weekend and I'm back to 100%. I've been doing lots of core training lately and I don't think there's been a day in the past two weeks where it hasn't hurt to laugh! On the bike I've been doing this set where I go for 15minutes at 90% and then 15minutes at 70% and I do that 3 times. It's a hard hard workout and yesterday I was able to up my watts on the 90% so I know I'm getting stronger. My running has been great also and I just think my overall strength has gone up. I've lost some weight also and it wasn't even on purpose...I'm not 153lbs and I actually start my new diet tomorrow that my coach is putting me on. The first four days are supposed to be a pretty big shock but then after that it's more of cutting out what I don't need to be eating and eating the foods that are going to help maximize my body's performance.
This weekend will be another busy one...Saturday I'm volunteering at a winter carnival with the Fire Department. I have to bring the Aerial truck over and set it up for a few hours. Sunday the YMCA is having a youth indoor triathlon that I'm helping out with and then at the end of it I'm going to be giving a little presentation to the kids. I'm going to be bringing in my bike and some other gear to show to the kids so it should be fun.
Hope everyone is enjoying all this snow we are getting...not exactly the best kind of weather for running outside. Can't complain though because it's really the first snow we've had since also x-mas.

"Thank you to all the people who said I couldn't, you have been what has defined me, never give up, and never back down".

No comments: