Thursday, June 25, 2009

Update

So I haven't posted since my ITU race because since I've been back it seems like there is a never ending list of things that need to be done. The race went pretty good though. The swim start was pretty brutal with people on top of other people and a big group of guys got out to the front and I had to play catch up once I found some open water. I came out on the first lap with four guys still in front of me and I picked another couple off right away on the second lap and then with the leader right in front of me I just settled in and stayed there for the rest of the swim. It was good to know that I was able to make up so much ground on them and if I had a clean start of been way out in front. I had a really good transition and got on my bike in the same place as I came out of the water. On the bike we were a group of about a dozen for the first couple laps until one of the chase groups caught up to us. It was my first race ever drafting so I really wanted to pay attention and learn how things worked. I was really happy though with my bike as I stayed right with the lead group the whole bike. Onto the run though I just wasn't feeling it again for the second weekend. I don't know what's going on there as I had a great run in London just two days before and then Sunday after the race I went for a little 5km easy run and I'm sure I was running twice as fast as I was the day before. There were lots of positives though that I was able to take away from the race and overall I was happy.
I just picked up my new Kayano 15's and new orthotics from Bioped. My orthotics are a new technology and I'm kind of testing them out for BioPed and so far I really like them. The support I get from them is really amazing and just after two days of wearing them I can feel a difference in how my legs feel.
On Saturday this weekend we are having a Yard Sale at our house to try and get ride of all our old stuff. Once we have that it will be time to start taking down the garage and building our new shed.
Sunday I'll be in North Bay for a triathlon and a little visit with friends and family there. Last night we headed out to Skead for a swim and a BBQ with Sig. It was so nice to jump in the lake after such a hot day. I did a run yesterday right in the middle of the day and I'm pretty sure the last two km's were done in total survival mode.

No comments: