Wednesday, June 17, 2009

In London

Monday night Lea and I had a few tri people over at our house for a Pot Luck after an open water swim. It was a lot of fun and the food was really good.
Tuesday morning I had an appointment with one of my sponsors Robin at BioPed foot care for some new orthotics and shoes. We decided to try a new orthotic that is kind of a new technique when it comes to making orthotics. Robin is really excited about finding out how I like them. I'm also looking forward to my new Asics Kayano 15's that should be in soon.
After that it was time to do a quick pack and get in a 45minute bike before the trip to London. We got into London kind of late Tuesday night around 10:30 since we left after work and made a couple stops. This morning I went for a swim at the London Aquatics Center and their debit machine wasn't working so I got to swim for free! After my swim I had to hurry and eat a power bar and a bowl of cereal and it was off to Lea's appointment. She had her appointment today at the Fowler Kennedy Sport Medicine Clinic for her ankle. After two and a half years of trying different things to fix it we were really hoping to get some good news. The doc looked at everything and after seeing how many things it prevents her from doing and how long this have been going on he agreed to do the surgery. So then we figured it would be a long wait and it turns out we were wrong and she is coming back to London to have it done on July 14th!! I'm really happy for her because after this she will not only be able to do the simple little things but also everything else that she wants to do.
After that it was a quick lunch at Cora's and then some running around in the afternoon. Tonight we had some steak on the BBQ from Costco and it was really good! I'm going for a run in a little bit once I've digested some of my food. I also got a new pair of Zoot racing flats that I may try out tonight and if everything goes good I'm probably going to race in them this weekend. The big race is coming quick and tomorrow we leave tomorrow for Quebec. It's going to be another 7 hour drive that I'm not really looking forward to...we found a really cheat hotel though for $65/night so I can't really complain about that! Saturday I race at 3:30pm so hopefully I'll get another post up before the race about how I'm feeling.

No comments: