Monday, June 1, 2009

Great weekend with great friends

Now that it's been a few days since I've had my new truck it's been great having it! It's already come in handy a few times. This weekend was a little on the cold side but it was still a lot of fun. Friday night Lea and I went out for supper to Mr. Prime Rib with Drew and the kids. We had a really good supper and it was nice to spend some time with them.
Saturday morning Lea and I both had to work until 1pm but after that we decided to get a few more quotes on sheds. After that we went to Home Depot to see there sheds that they already had built and you just buy the kit and build it yourself. After some thinking we decided it was the best way to go and we bought a new shed that we are picking up tomorrow after work. We're going to tear down the garage and replace it with the new shed.
Sunday after coaching we headed out to Skead to spend the afternoon with Sig. I got meet the new people who bought my old house that I grew up in and see all the work they've done to the property to get ready to build. It looks really good and in a way it felt good to see that and how beautiful it looked looking out over the lake. After that we went for a ride to look for some cedar trees that we could transplant and bring home with us. We found a bunch on an old road up to an abandoned diamond and gold mine. We had a really nice supper together back at Sig's house and then it was time to head home. We planted the trees when we got home and then it was off to bed.
Today I did a 1.5 hour bike with two hard intervals. After that it was over to the pool for a 1.5 hour swim with some hard 100's going 1:02. The speed is good and I'm glad I'm feeling it in the water. This week is another big week for me getting ready for my first race of season next weekend in Muskoka. Last week was a big run focus week and this week I hope to build on that with some speed work in the run and some big bike rides. I also want to be swimming under a minute for 100's in practice before next weekend. I'm looking forward to the pain!

No comments: