Friday, July 4, 2008

Timmins Tri This Weekend

Well it looks like we're going to be off to timmins this weekend for the Timmins Triathlon. It's a sprint distance so it will be a short one and probably even shorter as they say the swim is about 150m shorter than it's supposed to be in a Sprint Tri. Oh well, what can you do. There is a couple of people going up from Sudbury. Ryan who came second last weekend in North Bay and Mike Hay who won his age group in the Duathlon at Worlds about a month ago so I'll have to put together a solid race if I want want to hold onto the lead after the swim.
No complaints about my training this week. Monday I got in a work for all three, nothing too hard, more of just recouvery. Tuesday I had a good bike ride with Jack again. I'm really enjoying getting out riding with him every once and awhile. I did a little run off the bike with Lea when I got home. Wednesday and Thursday I had a swim-run workout one day and a swim-bike the next. Swimming is feeling good in the pool, I was holding sub 2:20 for 5x200m on 3:00 so I can't complain about that. I've been doing most of my swimming later in the day but this morning I got up early to go to the beach for 6am where everyone else swims every Monday, Wed, and Friday and I was shooked that there was at least 15 people there swimming. It was great to see everyone out. We swim from the beach to a point that is exactly 200m one way so it's easy to keep track of how much you're swimming. Got to talk to Drew for a few minutes before I got in but then he took off becuase he was swimming accross the lake and back.
So other than that there's not too much else that's new other than it's exactly one week to we get our new house now so I'm really starting to get excited and nervous. I feel like we are pack so much but then you turn around and there still seems to be so much more!! Well I hope everyone has a good weekend, it's supposed to be really nice and really hot so it will be a big change from what we've been having and I will let everyone know how the race goes probably Sunday when I get home.

"Thank you to the people who said I couldn't, you have been what has defined me, never give up, and never back down".

No comments: