Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas

The big day that all the kids wait for every year is almost here. Only 3 more sleeps as some little ones may say! Lea and I will be leaving tomorrow after work to head down to London for a few days over Christmas and it's going to be a surprise for Lea's parents.
Things have been busy around our house as usual but especially with the time of year. We've been trying to get to see everyone at one point to wish them happy holidays. Saturday we had my sister over for supper, Sunday was the swim club party, last night we stopped in to see Jesse then spent the evening at Jack and Amanda's house. Tonight we're going out for supper with some more friends.
Yesterday I did my first cross country ski of the year and I'm going out again today. It's really good cross training and it takes some of the pressure off of the joins from the running. I'm going to try and get out a lot more this year than I have in past years.
I was approached yesterday by Science North asking if I would be interested in doing some testing in the new year. They want to use the results from my testing as an example for when other people or kids go in and try the test as a comparison. I felt pretty honored that they would choose me for this. I guess this just means that I'm going to have to be in tip top shape for January! Does that mean I'm only going to be able to eat 3 plates at turkey dinner?!?
We started redoing one of the bedrooms in the house. There was wood paneling on one of the walls that I took down and replacing. I'm also painting the room and putting in a closet door.
Well I wish everyone a safe and Merry Christmas and I will try and post some time after the big day and let everyone know how London is going and how stuffed I am.

No comments: