Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

So New Years has come and gone and we are now in 2009. I have my new calendar up already and I'm looking forward to what this year has to bring. I'm sure it will be full of it's ups and downs but I know I have a great support team around me and we will make it through anything.
Lea's parents just left a few minutes ago after a nice visit for a few days. Lea and I got some very nice Christmas gifts this year from many different people and they will be much appreciated and we are very thankful.
My little sister is in Florida right now and the temperature has been over 30Celsius everyday and I am so jealous that I am not there training right now in that weather. I was trying to arrange a trip down in March to Florida for a little training camp and stay with my aunt and uncle but I don't know if I will be able to do it as I'm still trying to find some sponsors for this year.
Training has been going really good though lately especially for the time of the year with the holidays and everything that goes on at that time of the year. The computrainer that Dr. Therriault is letting me use over the winter has been great and I'm been able to get in some really good bike rides indoors. Running has been good also with some longer base work out getting done and now with the help from Robin at BioPed that has agreed to give me 3 pairs of shoes and 3 pairs of orthotics per year I wont need to worry about getting new running shoes anymore. Swimming has been swimming lately, this week I did a main set of 30x100FR @1:20 and then the next day 16x300FR @4:00 The biggest change to my training has been the addition of the core and weight training that I've added in the past two weeks. I'm going to be putting in about an extra 3-3.5 hours every week of core and weight training.
Overall I'm just so excited with how my training is going and now all I can do it hope that the sponsorship packages I made pay off and I'm able to get the funding I need.
Not too much else is really new around here...Lea and I are thinking of maybe going up to the cottage for a weekend in a couple of weeks but not positive yet.
Hope everyone had a great New Years and some good holidays!

No comments: