Monday, September 29, 2008

Never Stops

I guess it's been about a week since my last post....things have just been so busy lately I have barley anytime to sit down for 5minutes anymore. Training has been going good though, I've really started increasing my training to get ready for San Francisco.
Thursday and Friday last week I was in a training seminar for public speaking. I was asked earlier in the summer to be part of the Esteem Team http://www.esteemteam.com/ which is made up of high performance athletes from all over Canada and we go into as many of the schools as we can to talk and inspire kids. It's a really great program and I had so much fun during the two days of training. I now just have to finish working on my speech and then I will be going into the schools pretty soon.
My wetsuit that Xterra is giving me is going to be here tomorrow so I'm excited to try that out and I'm glad it's getting here now because it's starting to get pretty cold during the nights and it wont be long until the lakes are too cold.
Friday I drove up to the cottage just for the one night because Saturday I built a big deck on the front of one of our cottages. It's 8 feet wide and 46 feet long. Next summer my mom wants me to build a stairs coming off of it and a second level. Finishing the other cottage is coming along great and it's really starting to look good.
Like I said, training was good last week, yesterday I had a big day with a solid 5.5hours. In the morning I did an easy 75min. run and then I jumped right into the pool for another 75minutes of swimming with some fast 100's. Then I had a break while I coached the kids and then Drew, Jack and I went our for a 3hour ride with the winds from hell. We really pushed the pace for most of it and by the end I was totally spent. This morning I did a work out on the treadmill. By my last interval though I was getting pretty dizzy. I think I'm still feeling it from yesterday! Later I'm doing a swim up at LU at lunch time and the rest of the day will be spent recovering at work and then some nice steaks for supper that Lea's parents are bringing.
I think that's all for now...this week will be just more training, followed by some more training with a little bit a work between. This weekend I think we are going to be putting in our laminate floor down stairs so that will be another busy weekend.

No comments: