Monday, September 22, 2008

Roofing not for me!

So it's been just over a week now since Muskoka 70.3 and I'm really feeling good. I can actually say I don't feel like I have anything wrong with me. I took Monday off after the race and then Tuesday I started with some active recouvery. The rest of the week went pretty much the same with some easy swim, bikes, and runs. Thursday night I went up to the cottage to begin replacing the shingles on the roof. My mom hired this old guy who lives up there to help because eventhough he's retired he still works 7 days a week building things for people. This guy is 68 years old and still carrying bundles of shingles up the ladder on his shoulder like they were a pillow. I don't even know how to describe this guy! So from Friday to Sunday we were able to remove all the old shingles, reshingle the whole roof, cut down a couple dead trees, and poor the footings for the new deck that I'm going back up to build on Saturday this weekend.
I got some good news yesterday when I got home...Triathlon Canada has approved my application for my International Competition Card based on my previous results to that I can start competing as a "Pro" internationally. My first race on the World Cup circuit will be November 8th in San Francisco.
So this week I will be back at it, training hard! I did a 1hour swim this morning doing some pace work with 200's, 100's and 50's. This afternoon I'm doing a one hour bike with a one hour easy run off the bike. It will be a solid first day back to the grind with an hour of each.
Xterra sent out my wetsuit today so I should have it in a couple of days to try out and if I like it then I will have a nice contract with Xterra Wetsuits.

No comments: