Monday, August 31, 2009

Getting Better!

So my shoulder has been getting better and better each day and I'm able to do more and more each day. I've started swimming again which is great news. Each time I increase the amount that I do by a little bit. I haven't tried swimming hard yet and I think that will just come with time when I feel like I'm ready to start pushing it again in the water without hurting myself. Now that I know I can swim next weekend at the race it won't be a matter of can I get through the swim but being surrounded by my competitors and not letting that get the best of me at the start in the swim. I know I'm going to have to hold back...how much though, that I don't know yet. I've been doing a lot of biking though over the past weekend and a half and I've had Brent to push the hell out of me so it's been great. I'm really looking forward to racing next weekend and seeing what I can do on the bike and run.
Lea's parents were here just for the night on Friday on their way up north to visit their relatives. We had a great supper with them and Molly and Sig came over. We celebrated Lea's mom's birthday with my favorite...a strawberry frozen yogurt cake. Not too much else is new...I'm working quite a bit over the next two weeks so I will really have to find time to get my training in before the race. We are just waiting to hear back this week if Lea got this new job that she applied for. Today I did a long run while I was waiting for my car to be done at the dealers as it went in for it's semi annual today. I just got back from the lake where I did a little swim and now I'm biking into town to meet up with Lea and then going out for dinner.

No comments: