Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Damn Cold

Last week I was having a great week of training until about Thursday when I started to cough. It wasn't too bad at first and I decided that I would still do a workout Friday morning before leaving for North Bay to visit my aunt and uncle for Easter who just returned from Florida. By the time I got to North Bay my cough was much worse and I had a hard time sleeping that night. I ended up taking all of Saturday and Sunday off because I knew my body needed it and training would of only made things worse. I'm feeling much better now and yesterday was a double run with a swim in between. My visit in North Bay was really nice like always! I always enjoy getting to see them whenever we have a chance.
I'd like to say congrates to my best friend Jesse who decided to call me while I was sleeping last week to tell me that he's been accepted into teachers college. Now he has to decide which school he's going to go to by the 15th. Not much time to decide I think!
Through work we are planning a weekend triathlon camp in June. It's sounding like its going to be a lot of fun staying at the camp, training and helping others learn the ropes of the triathlon world.
My sister's birthday is in about week and she's going to be 21! I can't believe how old she's getting...it seems like just yesterday we were kids playing in a tree fort or swimming in the lake. I need to think of something for her b-day quick cause I'm running out of time!
This early spring has been great for getting outside for biking earlier than we are used to. This week looks like rain for most of the week but after that right back to run and temperatures in the low teens which is great for training. I find it funny though to see some cyclist dressed like it's still winter out. I passed a group of them last week and the only thing extra I had on were some arm warmers and all 8 or so of them had jackets, pants, booties over their shoes...I had a good little chuckle as I rode past them.
This week will just be getting back to 100% healthy again and getting my training back up. This weekend there's a Top Fish swim meet for the little kids in town that will be a lot of fun. It's always really cute to watch the 4 year olds compete for the first time doing their 25 Fr and 25 kick.

No comments: