Monday, May 25, 2009

Birthday Weekend

Today is my 23rd birthday!
This weekend Lea and I went to North Bay on Saturday afternoon and met up with my sister at my aunt and uncles house. We had an awesome supper follow by my favorite, strawberry ice cream and some lemon muffins for my birthday. Thank you guys!! We got all the pictures from the photographer before we left so we were able to show everyone those and my aunt downloaded them ALL onto her computer. She probably has over a thousand pictures now...
Sunday I had to coach in North Bay as the younger kids on the swim team had a swim meet. They all did really good and were swimming really fast. After the swim meet it was back over to the house where my uncle had cooked us a huge brunch that was really good! Jenn came over and we loaded up a couple things into the truck to bring over to her house. After a quick stop at Jenn and Marc's house it was time to head home.
I went out for a bike ride as soon as I got home but I think I ate way too much over the weekend and I wasn't feeling all that great during a few of the harder efforts. For supper last night we picked up some pickerel from a little meat shop just outside of North Bay and we cut the fillets into strips and wrapped them in bacon and put them on the BBQ. They were so good I had to stop myself from eating them all. I finished them off for lunch though today:) Today I had a much better run on the treadmill at the boxing club and later I have an easy swim and then a bike ride before supper. I have a couple of big weeks coming up for training before my first race of season at the Muskoka Chase.
I started my little summer job last week at the radio station. I'm going to be going on air Thursday and Friday mornings at 7:55 and 8:55 talking to different businesses and finding out how they are trying to go green. Then on Saturdays I'm going to different local events and find out whats going on and I'll be on air at 8:45, 9:45, 11:45 and 12:45. My first week went really good and I got to meet some really cool people and I'm looking forward to the rest of the summer.

No comments: