Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cold swim!




Well as you can see by the pictures after supper I braved the cold water and took the plunge. I definitely got a good brain freeze for the first few minutes but then it went away and I seemed to warm up a little bit if I can call it that...the swim only lasted about 20minutes all together.
So today I went to Canadian Tire to return a blender that I had bought but hadn't used it yet because for my birthday last week my sister got me the exact same blender so I had to return one of them. Anyways the lady was quite rude and gave me a really hard time about returning it so after arguing she finally took it back. Then I headed over to Laurentian where I met up with Lise to do her timed swim. She did her 800m LC in 20:32 which was really good her for! Congrates Lise, keep up the good work!! After that I hopped in the pool for a little swim for myself. After my warm up I just did a bunch of 100's LC trying to hit around 1:07-1:08 and feel as comfortable as possible doing it. Just trying to get ready for next Saturday.
Once I got home I went out for a little ride, about 75minutes with a few hill repeats and then a little 20 minute run off the bike.
After that it was supper time and I had some really good fish with potatoes. Tonight I took my bike apart a bit and started giving it a good cleaning in the bath tub. It's been awhile since I've really givin it a good cleaning so I figured I'd give it a good one before I go away. So tomorrow I have a good run planned in the AM then maybe a swim in the pool in the evening.
Well the most exciting part of the day was inching my way into the lake for the first time this season and then doing a few transitions. So that's all for now hopefully you enjoy the pics.

"Thank you to the people who said I couldn't, you have been what has defined me, never give up, and never back down".

No comments: