Friday, May 30, 2008

Crappy weather ahead

So as the weather man predicted the rain has started and is supposed to stay all weekend. I'm glad I got my run in this morning before it started and hopefully tomorrow I can sneak a bike in without getting too wet. So yesterday after work I was biking home and decided to head over to the track at Delki to do some tempo work. I ended up spending about 40minutes on the track and about 25km at race pace then continued home although as soon as I got out onto the highway a nice head wind greeted me for the rest of the ride home.
Today was a bit of a recovery day for me with a 45minute easy jog with one of my clients from work and then a good swim in the pool at lunch.
800FR swim/pull/kick
8x100mod+50Fast @ 2:00
400BK/BR
10x100FR @ 1:20 holding 1:08
200EZ
After my swim I had one more client then called it a day at about 1:30pm. The rest of the day is going to be spent relaxing and getting some rest. Tomorrow all I have planned is a little brick workout then meeting this one client that I'm training for her Ironman to do a timed swim at the pool then hop in for an easy 2000m.
So tomorrow will be one week till Worlds in Vancouver and I still haven't been in the lake yet this year for any wet suit swimming because the the weather hasn't been that great so far and the nights go down below 5 degrees celcius and even below freezing some nights. I guess it's not the end of the world though for me because of my swimming back ground I don't have to worry as much about that part of the race.
Oh and before I forget probably the biggest news today was I was asked my Mark Sluban to be on the ESTEEM TEAM that is a National Level Role Model Program and they want to train me for public speaking so I can continue to go into schools and share my story while delivering a positive message to the youth on goal setting, and living an active and healthy lifestyle. So that really made me feel good today to know that they recognized me like that and want me to travel and talk to our youth. Anyways if you're interested in checking out their wetsite it's www.esteemteam.com
Well that's all for now so I'll blog again later in the weekend and let you know how the training is going and anything else exciting going on.

"Thank you to the people who said I couldn't, you have been what has defined me, never give up, and never back down."

No comments: